Wednesday, November 16, 2005

a long break....















If ANYONE noticed, I was gone for a few days....I was away at a ladies retreat. We stayed at The Woods, in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains in West Virginia. I can't believe so peaceful exists sooooo close to my house. I don't have a laptop (hubby does) so I cannot update my blog remotely....but how I wish I could have. It was so beautiful up there....I have come home refreshed, renewed and again have FOCUS on what I am to do. I am indebted to those wonderful ladies who invited me.

My week was not all full of fun news. While away at my retreat, on the VERY first day, someone broke my camera. My wonderful precious camera...(I cried, I really did....) I consider my camera my most valuable material possession other than my house. and I feel, I dunno....."naked" without it. Kind of like when you forget to wear your watch and you keep glancing at your wrist....When I look at things, all things, I see them through a lens. Sounds a bit dorky, I know......but I do.....and wouldn't you know, some really awesome photographic moments have happened this week....

I took the kids to Hill High Orchard and we fed the ducks yesterday. I would have loved to have a picture of Adam facing down the ducks, only to have him back down.....Another was Day One of my NEW CLOSET construction. Watching Greg make a giant hole in our bedroom wall would have been good to have a picture. If for nothing else, the pure "before & after" scrapbook page....

So I'll be off today to take my camera in for hopefully a quick repair.....besides, I wanted an excuse to go in and ogle a new lens!! Before I re-do our kitchen next year, I want a new farther reaching lens....Oh, I can dream.....

The kids are up and I am planning a Target trip. I love Target....I am thankful today for nice weather and that I get to spend two long weeks alongside my husband. Hopefully, I won't get in his way too much.

The picture featured today is my LAST leaf picture...By the time I get my camera back, the leaves will be gone and it might becolder...I don't think they even have a winter here. It's so warm here....that is a blessing though, because I do NOT want to fill my heating oil tank again, NO WAY!

I am off to start my day....toodles! Posted by Picasa

No comments: