Saturday, November 26, 2005

sweet boy of mine

No thoughts for today. None that I am aware of...
Been a real lazy day. For me, it has been. Greg is working himself hard. But that closet is looking GREAT!! Micaela is not feeling well...cough, snot and general cruddiness, so she's lying low. Adam has enough energy to run a small country....and Jonathan, he keeps bugging me for more and more food....I SWEAR he has a hollow leg....

Went and did a small amount of Christmas shopping last night. It was a ghost town....All of the lunatic shopping crazies had come and gone....Jonathan and I went to Kohl's, where I bought a verrrrry small amount of toys (everything ON SALE!) We won't have a very big Christmas, but that's okay.....When I was growing up, I don't know HOW my folks did it. I was sooooo spoiled growing up. Even my neighbors kids' remarked how few toys my children have. They are not doing without. I just choose toys that are more educational in nature. Besides.....who REALLY needs an XBox??

But this year, Micaela wanted some specific things so I am relenting and buying her a few things that she wants....I don't want my kdis growing up like I did, with an attitute of entitlement. It leaves a hole, a void that you're always trying to fill. My folks were Depression kids, so they gave us things they never had (every parent does this, I know)...but I had too much STUFF. And Greg and I are raising our kids not to be STUFF people......

I have NO IDEA what to get my husband for Christmas. We've spent the complete budget that I raised on Ebay for the closet, carpet and small decor for the bedroom, so whatever I get him, it'll be small but meaningful....

Well, I am off to see where Adam is....he's far too quiet.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: