Friday, December 09, 2005

snow day















Okay...I look like a cow. I did not photograph well this morning. (not that I ever do, but you know...).... Greg snuck out on the porch and snapped the rare picture of yours truly while sweeping the snow of my car....

It's a snow day. There is a SMALL amount of snow. And yes, I was right the other day: people freak here when it snows...although there is more accumulation than the other day, THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SNOW TO CLOSE THE SCHOOLS! Okay, I am settling back down now....

Jonathan had an almost dangerous meltdown when he found out that school was cancelled. He whacked the crap outta my shoulder (still hurts) and luckily, Greg was still home or he'd have whacked the kids.....Jonathan HATES change. Does help that he had been looking forward to today's bowling trip at school.....It was the ONLY thing he would talk about all week.

We're making cookies all day. I mean ALL DAY. About 10 batches of various cookies: the traditional choco-chip (I really want a new recipe, I am BORED with Toll House cookies), my they-won't-last Oatmeal cookies, pecan fingers, drizzled with chocolate and caramel, buttercrunch toffee, and a few other types.

When I stress, I BAKE. Not only do we have do we have the massive children's party tomorrow, but it's a snow day......I love to bake....If I won the PowerBall lottery (which I never play), I would go back to King Arthur Flour and buy EVERYTHING....I visit www.kingarthurflour.com frequently. If you are a baker or love someone who is, buy them one of the KAF books. They ARE the quintessential baking books. Also if you go there and order anything, I highly recommend the Butter Pecan Scone mixes. They rock!! I use their flours religiously. I am spoiled by their high quality and awesome catalogs.....

I have been informed that the butter softening on the stove top is ready for cookie making....Micaela, my lil kitchen helper, is READY to bake..... Posted by Picasa

No comments: