Friday, December 23, 2005

soldiers/gratitude/thankfulness

This morning, I was sleeping in. My hard-working left the house when it was still dark. Shortly after 5am, I got up to give him a kiss before he left for work. I am so grateful for how hard he works for our family.

As a soldier is your US Army, he isn't rich. He isn't in this for the glory. He does what he does because it's his calling. I am so very proud to be married to a soldier. It's not always easy, but it's so worth it.

I stood in my warm kitchen, surrounded by the baking smells of the holiday (Chocolate Cake is in the oven as I type this) and I had tears in my eyes, thinking of our men and women in harm's way, serving far from the comforts of their family. And I thanked God that my husband is safe and here with me, and I prayed for the safety and well-being of those men and women in harm's way, serving so far away.

PLEASE don't forget our soldiers. Don't put aside the sacrifices they make to fulfill their duties. It's HARD being away home. Imagine your husband is going on a business trip. You'd probably give him a kiss and see him in a few days. Now imagine trying to give him enough kisses to last a YEAR (or more). Imagine what Christmas morning traditions would be like without your children's father. Picture what it would be like doing that all alone. Many of our servicemembers' spouses are carrying on alone. If you can do nothing else, say a prayer for the soldiers and the ones who loves them.

If you can do more, then do this. Donate to one or more of the following. Take the money that you would spend on a Mocha Frapuccino and give it someone else. Spend the money that you would blow at Blockbuster....just a few bucks makes a BIG difference. Here are two organizations that I personally know do GREAT works....Please give.

Fisher House™ Foundation, Inc.
1401 Rockville Pike, Suite 600
Rockville, MD 20852

Operation Family Fund
United States PO Box 837
Ridgecrest, CA 93556



To all our men and women in uniform and their families,
God Bless you and Merry Christmas, and thank you for your service to our country.

 Posted by Picasa

No comments: