This is for my friend, Paige...She e-mails me this morning about chocolate and the healthy anti-oxidants. Well, read on, Paige...There are PLENTY of reasons...to EAT CHOCOLATE. (like we need more reasons!)
5 Reasons to Eat Chocolate ---Oh go on, treat yourself.
1) Researchers have found that chocolate, particularly dark chocolate and cocoa, contain anti-oxidants that may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
2) Chocolate also contains potassium, magnesium and calcium.
3) Although chocolate is high in fat this fat doesn't appear to increase blood cholesterol.
4) Eating chocolate increases the production of serotonin, a natural anti-depressent, and increases the release of endorphins in the brain.
5) Finally, chocolate releases the same chemical in our bodies as when we fall in love.
and Suzanne's number one reason for eating choclate:
BECAUSE I CAN!!
I love love LOVE mini Reese's peanut butter cups (only the mini ones though.) They achieve the perfect ratio of chocolate to peanut butter....YUM!
It is chocolate's unique taste and sensory properties that make chocolate the single most craved food in the United States .