Sunday, January 01, 2006

Welcome to 2006!




Happy New Year to everyone who reads this blog.

My New Year's Eve was completely uneventful. I wasted 2 hours watching "Mr and Mrs. Smith" (stupid movie) then sat awake most of the night with Adam who has a dreadful cough.

But lying awake gave me lot of time to think about the changes that the New Year might bring. Just like most of you, I'll resolve and try to change something.
I prefer to make affirmations. I have very little willpower and I always ALWAYS break my resolutions. I think "resolution" sets us up for failure, whereas an "affirmation" focuses on what's good....

Note the differences:

resolution-
The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
A resolving to do something.
A course of action determined or decided on.


affirmation -
The act of affirming or the state of being affirmed; assertion.
Something declared to be true; a positive statement or judgment.

Since one of the things that I want to "work on" this year is being more positive, I prefer to AFFIRM those things that are of value to me...

So here goes:

1) I will improve my relationship with God. Everything I am, I owe to God.

2) I will be a better wife and mother to my husband and children.

3) I will volunteer more of my time to help others.

4) I will be healthier (I did NOT say skinnier, I say healthier).

5) I will be more selfless and giving.

So wish me luck. I am gonna need it. I just have a feeling, a positive unshakable feeling, that this is going to be an AMAZING year. And I am ready.


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: