Thursday, March 02, 2006

Dr Seuss Day


















It's DR. SEUSS' birthday!!
Didn't YOU know this? I was greeted this morning by a small squeeky but loud voice, bellowing, proclaiming that we should all wake up and CELEBRATE. I offered to make green eggs and ham but Micaela declined.

I did accompany her to school and was allowed to photograph the fabulous Dr. Suess parade. So many kids with cool hats that they'd made themselves. (Micaela would not allow me to alter her red hat in ANY WAY.)

Her "ensemble" was a combination of Jessie the Cowgirl from Toy Story 2, Dr Seuss and Dorothy from Oz.....It's quite striking, don't you think? Obviously, we're not slave to fashion. But she looked adorable!

And I think it's IMPOSSIBLE for her to walk. She skips EVERYWHERE she goes....At least she's lively! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

How totally FUN! You look like you had a blast! thanks for sharing these - they are truly heartwarming - and I know that Dr. Seuss is 104 today!