Thursday, March 02, 2006

it's not you......















Adam did not feel well tonight. Said his stummy ached. (Stummy is a combo word: tummy AND stomach) Nothing awful. Just whiney enough that I had to drag my "American Idol" watching self up the stairs about 10 times.....

I finally asked him, "Do you want to come snuggle me downstairs?"

He replied, "I just want the blanket."

Well......I don't know what to say! (that's a first, I know..)

For those of you who are non-Hispanics or blanket-impaired, the blanket in question is what we, The Balvanz Family, refer to as THE MEXICAN BLANKET. It came from Mexico, where I lived with my parents for a short while during my teen years. We lived in Guadalajara, Jalisco. And my mom and I used to go the Mercado Libertad. This blanket is from there. It's THE softest, warmest, most comfortable blanket on Earth. And it will immediately soothe a grumpy cranked-up kid like you wouldn't believe. Just look at the sleeping boy..

It's not ME. It's the BLANKET....

(Also note the awesome homemade square pillow in the background. Made by my MIL, Betty. Man, she's crafty! She knits afghans and make pillows. All of our pillows, which she made, are Alaskan themed. VERY cool, but that's her: she's way cool...We've got a real German-Mexican-Alaskan thing going on in my house.....)

and yes, he's wearing SPIDERMAN pj's..I told ya, Spidey rocks the house here.

Now it's late and I am off to sleep. Honey, if you're reading this tomorrow morning in Switzerland, we already miss you :) Call when and if you can! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

Does "the blanket" have a wolf on it? Sure looks like it does! And you know, I'm feeling sympathy pains for Adam's stummy as I read. I get the same sympathy pains if my kids are sick...a hinky feeling in my neck and head that doesn't generally go away until the kids feel better...

Shawn said...

Hope he's feeling better. My mom has one of those Mexican blankets and they really are cozy. Hope you didn't miss too much of American Idol. I thought things went pretty much as they should have last night. It's gonna start getting tough soon though. There are some really great singers left. :)

Scott B. said...

I HAVE a blanket like that. I actually always wanted one and my grandfather got one for me one Christmas.

I typically only use it when I'm sick or need to hide from the world.

I hope he feels better soon!
Scott