Friday, March 17, 2006

look deeper














I took this picture just 15 minutes ago.
Just a simple, pretty boring picture.

Then I looked deeper.

I looked beyond the surface, the obvious and here's what I saw:

* a happy little boy, building "the world's longest train, only for boys!"
* my beautiful bed, with hand carved rails, Bought it before I moved to Ft Rucker to marry Greg. I love that bed.....
*the stepstool that Greg brought in for me this morning, to set up my glass of water. He was so sweet. I had been in pain and coughing much of the night. But before he left for work, he extended this kindness to me.
* and of course, a little boy's Spiderman slipper (with glow in the dark eyes) lurking protectively under my bed.

And it made me think. How many things do we see during our ordinary day, and just dismiss them? This always happens to me after getting really sick. Colors seem brighter, life seems different, like a feeling of "it could've been much worse."

So today, as I battle this pain and nausea, I will smile and look deeper and be thankful for what I have.

I am truly blessed. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kathy Young said...

Ya brought tears to my eyes with this one girl. We all need to take a deeper look at all the 'little' things in life, don't we?

Kathy in Maine