Wednesday, March 29, 2006

lovely




















This is taken from the front walkway in front of the National Cathedral. I was talking to someone the other day about summer travel plans to DC and instructed them that they simply must include this on their trip. I love the Cathedral. It's massive, cool, quiet, FREE, and it changes you somehow.... I am a woman of faith and I just feel so touched here in this building, this monument to faith. Shortly after we moved here, I lit a candle in one of the chapels to my father's memory. (He died in April 1997) and I feel a connection to him here. I don't know why or how, but I do....
Even if you're not the religious type, you cannot help but be astounded by the architecture. But beware, getting good picture inside is challenging. Use your night time setting. If you don't bring a camera, just buy some of the postcards in the gift shop.
Personally, I think travelling to DC in the summer is insane. It's hot, crowded, over-priced and it's just easier to go off-season..... but if you must come, then don't miss the Cathedral. It is so worth it. Posted by Picasa

No comments: