Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday

Up most of the night with my daughter, Micaela, who is now the Lone Puker, in the house.
When I pray, I never ask my Lord for Lotto Numbers or things like that, but I will ask Him for NO MORE PUKING KIDS! I am sick (pun intended) of tak over all over the place. I have washed my entire towel inventory twice in the same week. And the sheets, too.....As hungry as I am, I can't eat anything while people are puking around me....It's a GREAT diet...

I am just worn down. Tired. And recovering from the yucks myself. Nothing makes you less hungry than cleaning up someone else's nasties....(can you believe I can whine like this? don't answer that!)

But I am the Mom (where are my BatMommy powers when I really need them?) so I mush on. I am tough. I am also particularly bummed because she and I missed the Circus today. Greg and Adam are there now, and oh how I wish we had all been healthy....

When I asked my poor pale little princess this morning, as she lie prone on the only couch that has not been barfed on, what she would like, anything to make her feel better....you know what she said?

"Scrapbooking will help me feel better, Momma." (man, I love that kid....) so right now, she's spread up at the dining room table, fixing what ails her, with decorative scissors, a glue stick and a box of markers...She stops every once in a while to visit the nearby trashcan....but she's on the mend, I guess.....

This, too, shall pass.... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so sorry you missed the circus! I hope and pray that Greg doesn't follow suit with the rest of you sickies over there...seems like if one has it, they all get it. I feel for you, I do!

But you gotta love Micaela's spunk - scrapbooker extraordinaire, of course!