Friday, April 14, 2006

I love my Soldier
















Taken just today by some stranger, for which I am so grateful. I think in almost 7 years of marriage, I have MAYBE 10 pictures of Greg and I together. Very few. So I appreciate even the pictures that aren't the best.....Not the best picture of either of us, but what the heck...? I'll take it!

We went to ANC (Arlington National Cemetery) today. It's one of my favorite places in DC. It's sacred ground. Such a peaceful place, and so much beauty in those walls. If you visit here, you MUST see ANC. YOU SIMPLY MUST.

Every time I walk through there, I look upon the thousands of grave markers, most are simple, some quite ornate, and I think, "Each of these people were someone's son or daughter." Oh, how I appreciate this sacrifice. It moves me to my very soul.

It makes me appreciate my own soldier a bit more, that's for certain. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

I have been to ANC three times...and each time I go, I am so AWED by it. Then again, I have been to several military funerals that Scott was playing TAPS at...it just is such a STRONG reminder of what sacrifices are made for this amazing country!

LOVE the picture of you and Greg. (We have close to the same hairstyle, you and I, lol!) You and Greg look great together, and you look happy - great to know that!