Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday night















I am interrupting this otherwise peaceful family-oriented blog to bring you a full-on RANT:

I have officially changed the name of the pictured product to CRACKARONI.
My kids' are ADDICTED to it.
They beg, barter, plead and promise anything (even clean rooms) for it.....
It's like crack for kids!!

I, myself, don't eat cheese or any product that is supposed to fool you into thinking it's cheese. Not only am I lactose intolerant, but the texture of cheese makes me very queasy.....Before you guys send me hate mail over my hatred of cheese, just know that I have tried various kinds and don't like ANY of it. I find it's much easier to lie and say "I'm allergic" (people don't question it) but as soon as I say "Oh I just don't like cheese..." it causes ordinary people to launch into some kind of weird Cheese Salesman Persona...

I don't need convincing.
I don't need recipes.
I just don't like cheese.
(for the record, I don't like mustard, mayonnaise, ketchup, salad, salad dressing and too many spices to list.... freaky, ain't it?)

My world is plain.
Just like me.

Now go back to your happy world of Crackaroni.... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

Crackaroni - TOO funny. We have a dairy issue here too. Hannah just doesn't like it. Except ice cream...and string cheese (go figure). Oh, and occasionally white queso dip at mexican restaurants. But don't ask her to eat cheese in any way shape or form other than mentioned.

Scott's got texture issues too - doesn't like most fruit or veggies...particularly tomatoes.

Plain is okay, you know. You like your food plain, but your life is full of spice anyway - so who needs spicy food?

Sue said...

OMG -- I could not stop laughing --what a funny take :) -- heck -- you like what you like, don't like what you don't like -- who the heck is the rest of the world to question that :)

Tina said...

I am going to have to steal that word because it works well with my family too. My nephew Spencer is the pickiest eater on the planet. For Thanksgiving one year he wouldn't eat anything so I ended up making him Kraft Mac and cheese and he ate them with Vienna sausages, his favorite feast. I know when he won't eat anything else to grab the Kraft and he's a happy camper. Crackaroni.......I LOVE IT!