Thursday, April 13, 2006

my new toy











Look what Greg bought me.
And it's not even my birthday......


2005 was the Year of the House (we bought one and did lots of home improvements)

2006 will be known forever as The Year of the Gizmos...
*Greg got his precious Band Saw.
*Greg got XM Satellite Radio, to reduce the stress of a hellish commute.
*Suzanne happily got an iPod.
*Suzanne gets a Garmin StreetPilot (so she won't have to leave 7 hours early to go across town by herself...)

I am not joking, people! This is serious business. You might recall, I am a fragile x carrier. It's very typical for women who are carriers to have abstract reasoning problems. Maps make no sense to me AT ALL. Nothing strikes fear in my heart like going somewhere I've never been before....It's what public speaking terror feels like for most people.

So he bought me a Garmin "Oh-my-it's-so-flippin'-fancy" StreetPilot.
And oh my, is it pricey.

But after cruising the thriving metropolis that is Purcellville, I concur that it is AWESOME.
It works and I think I'll be able to get to Reagan Airport BY MYSELF now when my mum comes to visit.

Oh yes, it's definitely The Year of the Gizmo, baby! Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

NICE toy! Gotta love new gizmos! Wish I had some, lol! Of course, I may be getting a HOUSE this year, so I can't complain, lol! Maybe you can use your fancy gizmo to come visit me at The Holiday Inn in DC this summer (on our one day stopover!)

Scott B. said...

You can use it when you travel to Houston!!! You are still coming aren't you?