Sunday, May 14, 2006

good news/F-U on Jonathan

Most of the swelling has gone down on my face where Jonathan caught me with my fist. I don't think the black eye will actually turn all the way. It's mostly just reddish purple now....I think once the swelling is gone, the color will return to normal.

and I am happy to report that he did not break my thumb. After much ice and not using it, I can fully move it. It hurts but having broken things before, I can tell it's just sore.... The torn cuts from where he kicked my shin are still open, and slightly bloody but will hopefully scab over (I hate the word scab, it totally grosses me out).

Jonathan and I had a long talk, about whether he understood how much he hurt me, and how close he came to being arrested and hospitalized. I even printed out a Social Story that I made up. It's sinking in. This week, we're adding some new meds. Don't know which kind but I know we will try something new.....

I am hopeful. Tired, bruised but hopeful.....Jonathan did not mean to hurt me. If he had been intentionally malicious, I would be mad. But he was genuinely sorry afterwards....

BTW, I did call my mom this morning. First thing......I wouldn't let the day pass without calling my own mother....(I was the first of the 5 kids to call). Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After going back and reading it again I agree with the Army Mom. Looks likes all the Moms got beat up in your family this year. But I am sorry yours were physical. Get better!

Carmen said...

Oh, geez, how awful. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this.

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»