Sunday, May 14, 2006

I am.........Queen Mommy




















It's Mother's Day and around the world, moms are being blessed with gifts galore. Some get homemade breakfast, others get cards that children labored over.

I HAD MY PORTRAIT DRAWN by Miss Micaela Balvanz (age 5 1/2 years)

It should be duly noted that in my portrait, I have rainbow hair. (The explanation given is that "rainbows are happy, and Mom, shouldn't your hair be happy?") How can one argue with that?

My hair is happy (and only one color in reali life..okay, maybe two).

A breakfast of blueberry muffins which Adam helped me make was a fun experience. He kept stopping to hug me. I literally cried with happiness. He's so loving and warm. But oh how I wish I had a picture of him......Nothing but bug boots, Spidey underpants and one of my aprons. What kind of scrapbooker am I that I didn't shoot that?

My husband is on his way home from Hawaii today but won't get here until tomorrow. He said the most wonderful thing to me on the telephone during a two HOUR phone convesation this morning. I can't wait to hug him...

All in all, my Mother's Day is nice. Not "oo-la-la" special but I am not truly an oo-la-la kind of gal.....Now, I must close because Micaela is going to "do my hair -like Barbie"..
Pray for me, people.....

:) Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are in my prayers. Happy Mothers' Day!

Anonymous said...

You know it's Mothers' Day when you receive a beautiful picture like that!

Janie

Scott B. said...

Happy mother's day Suzanne!

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»