Sunday, May 28, 2006

just a LO



















Did a quick 30 second LO today...
CASE'd from someone else's blog....
Love the picture of Adam. Taken on his 4th b-day.
A slow day. went to church. Got the Word in. Love that!

Then went to lunch and ate REAL food that was not on my no-salt/no-sugar/no anything good diet...BIG MISTAKE. I ate like I used to and it had bad results. I didn't get sick but I literally passed out when I got home...I was still in my church clothes, earrings on and everything and I konked out.....

By the way, diet is going well. I have lost 6+ pounds to Greg's 12.5# (so not fair...) (This really isn't a "diet" per se, just a VERY healthy way of eating. Greg and I are considering this more of a life change rather than an attempt just to be skinnier....) But man, it it totally changing how I look at food in a processed food world....It will freak me out if I end up one of those organic people, but I am headed that way.....I am walking through the grocery stores, totally amazed at how processed everything is and how far we've gotten from healthy...

I am glad to have the chance to do this voluntarily. I don't want some doctor saying, "Suzanne, you're overweight and your heart is in danger." My family is not a good one for diseases. ALL of my sisters are morbidly obese and diabetic. I am the only one who's not. Although presently I weigh 10# more than I did 7 years ago when I married Greg, I am still relatively okay, but I don't want to be like them. I am putting aside my own selfish wants (like that hamburger or those salty Wendy's nuggets) because I don't want to have to explain to my kids why I am obese. I don't want my kids to be ashamed of that. I don't want to die young. I don't smoke, I rarely drink but I love salty and sugary foods. So I can sacrifice NOW so I can have a later with my kids and my husband. I don't want to be selfish anymore.

I am pleased overall with how easy the diet has been. No cravings. can you believe that? Well, okay, maybe like 3 in a week....but nothing easrth shattering. And get this: I GAVE UP SWEET TEA and all caffeine. I didn't think I could do that at all. But I don't miss it at all.....

Okay, enough about food...Now I am off to prepare my veggie only dinner....

:) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's great you have a new outlook on your eating habits but let me tell you girl, your heart is already in danger the way you keep hatin'on your sisters. I'd be mad if you said that about me.