Monday, May 15, 2006

me and my turtle















Greg came home today.
Life is settling down again.
I am happy. Kids are happy.
Jonathan is calm and very remorseful about his mega-outburst...We're waiting for a psych appointment to adjust meds. We'll get through this, we always do.

And Greg came home bearing gifts.
He brought me a REAL Hawaiian lei. Made of REAL flowers. He kept it from being crushed through the whole flight home. One for me and one for Micaela.
Kids got kid friendly gifts (t-shirts, bags, shell necklaces.....)

And I got a turtle. Oh it's no ordinary turtle. It's a beautiful handmade setting with a big pearl in the center, on a semi-choker necklace. It's lovely....Aside from my wedding band, this is the only jewelry that Greg has ever bought for me. I am pretty simple and basic, so he knew it had to be special. I am not one to wear much jewelry. In fact, all I wear is my wedding ring and engagement ring. That's it.....

I was curious though about the meaning of a turtle....(It's the scrapbooker in me, everything has latent meaning) so here's what I found out:

******************
Turtle: symbol of Longevity, Heaven's Blessings
Learn these lessons from the turtle:
*Reliance on oneself
*Patience (not me!)
*Balance in different environments

Turtles live to a very old age (already there at 37) and so are often associated with long life. We can learn much about time and the perception of time by listening to the turtle. Slow and steady, the turtle grows old with grace and lives in harmony with its surroundings.

The turtle can make a home anywhere and does not become attached to any one place. (HOOAH! military wife!!) It can teach us to seek out new experiences and opportunities. It is able to survive on both land and in water, and teaches us the lesson of self sufficiency in this way.

The Turtle protects by teaching the family to protect themselves. (homeschooler) She brings the blessings of heaven to the home. (stay at home mom) Turtle symbolizes both the stability of earth energy, and the magical mysteries of heaven.
************************

So Greg picked well. I love my turtle.....and I love my guy. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a pink pearl too, which means beauty.

-the husband

Kathy Young said...

What a special gift, that necklace. I bet you'll treasure it always. BTW, did you take a picture of that fresh flower lei. I don't imagine the real thing will last very long. Enjoy!

Diva Kathy

Anonymous said...

Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
»