Friday, May 05, 2006

paradise?
















This is the view my husband has out his window at his hotel in Hawaii. He's not much of a beach person so I'm not sure he's going to come back with TONS of typical Hawaiian pictures for me.

It looks like a nice view, but life in a hotel room gets boring pretty quickly.....It's true when they say there's no place like home....We sure miss him here.

The visit with my mom is going fine. She says I look "happier and healtheir" than I did when she saw me last. (When she saw me last, I was at the height of skinniess caused by an over-ative thyroid, I weighed 110# last time she saw me. WAY TOO skinny!)

All we've done so far is eat and shop. I inherited my love of thrift store shopping from my mom so we're canvassing Northern Virginia and racking up bargains....I did find Micaela some more dresses which is good. My lil girl outgrows dresses so quickly...

The kids are slowing warming up to her. Since they don't know her, they won't hug her, or let her read to them. Micaela was a little freaked out that my mom kept calling her "sugar". She looked at me and asked "Doesn't she know my name isn't Sugar?" Adam is very curious about my mom, and has been doing his best to impress her with his puzzles and his Spiderman jumps...Jonathan, who actually KNOWS my mom, could care less. He just likes that we've gone out to eat again and again....

Well, no eating out tonight! Tonight it's potato soup and Outback Bread (I make my own and will share the recipe if you would like)....

Oh, my mom had not ever been in a SUPER Target before, so I took her to my beloved Target. She was impressed and why wouldn't she be? IT'S MY TARGET. There's been some comments about why I love Target so much.....it's just where I fit. I am not obsessed with it, I just love going there. Plus it's good stuff.

Well, I have to get this day started....The kids will be up soon and then it's all rush rush rush...
I will be glad when life returns to MY normal. My mom is in my room (where my computer is) and I am on the sofa bad (no way I am going to allow my 70 year old mom sleep anywhere but on my Select Comfort bed!)

:) More later...... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

Greg's paradise is quite nice...your paradise is better! So's mine...go read my blog, lol! Here's hoping the rest of your visit with mom gets warmer (for the kids) and goes well. BTW - package o' ribbon on the way to you!