Saturday, June 17, 2006

I do not heart Dixie Chicks

Let me start by saying I was a big Dixie Chicks fan until the whole "I am ashamed" moment. I bought their CD the week before Natalie Maines bad-mouthes our President. I am all for 1st Amendment rights and free speech, even when I don't agree with it. I have every respect for civil and proper dissent. I don't take issue with the fact that they said it, I take issue with the fact that they keep bashing USA.

Today, I saw this on The Drudge Report (which I read constantly). Love The Drudge.

"The entire country may disagree with me, but I don't understand the necessity for patriotism," Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. "Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don't see why people care about patriotism." -Natalie Maines

Don't understand the NEED for patriotism? Is this chick NUTS? I am GLAD that their tour sales in the US are bottoming out. Even though their album and song download is high, you gotta put butts in the seats at the venue. They're gonna wish they'd kept their pretty mouths shut.

I won't ever buy their CD's again.
I don't listen to their music.
And I LIKED them. I liked their sound. They actually have ability and talent.
But I am one of those people who cannot separate the performer from their insane babbling.
This is also why I don't watch Sean Penn, Tim Robbins and his shack-up honey, Susan Sranadon. My husband and I pretty particular about the movies we watch. We don't want to put one single dollar in their pocket. The message will get through and it hurts them where it counts. I am NOT a right-wing nut job but darn close. I am religous, conservative and proactive and fiercely Republican. That doesn't mean I don't have friends who are Democrat and liberal (I have quite a few, in fact.) That also doesn' mean that I think Republicans or my President are right 100% of the time. But I don't cut & run when it gets tough. I have values and I intend to stick to them. For God and Country means something in this house of mine.

Okay, I am done ranting.....but boy The Dixie Chicks really piss me off. It would please me greatly to see them booking the Ramada in Breaux Bridge, LA, hussling drinks....

Like I said, I am not always nice. But I am honest.

:~> Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy said...

AMEN,AMEN,AMEN! I hadn't read this latest quote from Nutty Natalie. For being a girl from Texas, she's well a complete idiot. Sorry I don't like that word, but it just honestly seems like the only accurate word I can think of.

I too am a Concervative,Religious, Proactive Republican and darn proud! I have friends who are democrats, not to say I don't try to get them to see the light! LOL...but this girl is just clueless.

Not seeing the "need" for patriotism...oh, the words I'm thinking/feeling are just not appropriate for this mild tongued girl. I'd just hope she never has the need for the police, fire dept, etc....because being a patriot means supporting not just our troops but all our men and women who serve our country!