Thursday, June 08, 2006

it's 13 Thursday

It's Thirteen Thursday today, and I am all out of wit (not that I had much to begin with, mind you)....so I am going all random and will just tell you 13 things about my day, thus far....

1. I stuck to my diet today. HOOAH! I even resisted Chinese food when I bought Adam some rice today. You can tell that boy doesn't have fragile x simply because he'll eat rice. The real test was when I made chocolate-covered marshmallows dipped in candy sprinkles for Micaela's ALOHA school party.

2. I am done with today's laundry. This is a big deal because somehow, somewhere there is another basket, waiting to be done. I just haven't found it. It's like washing your car, and BAM! it rains. If I say it aloud "I'm done with the laundry", my husband will invariably come home with his PT's.

3. I am stressed because I don't think the carefully chosen Father's Day gift will make it here in time. This is my own fault, I shoul dhave shopped sooner. Was not an option. But I think it's important to celebrate the day. After all, this man, my darling hubby (he might be reading...ya never know!) is a wonderful father. He deserves to be recognized for that ON THAT DAY....

4. I have not taken a single picture today. Not even at Adam's swim lessons. The other ladies were actually picking on me for not having my camera in my hand.

5. I have an insane irresistible urge to go to Target today. Can't really justify it. It's a 30 mile round trip and I am conservative with my full tank of gas. But I so wanna go. But if I do, I know I'll end up skipping down the scrap aisle.

6. This morning, Jonathan dropped trou on Main Street and peed in full view of most of Purcellvile's morning commuters. I am not making this up, guys! A fellow student reported this to his teacher and she relayed it to me. He did put his butt to the traffic, but that is still unacceptable..I learned from his teacher that Jonathan NEVER uses the bathroom at school. NEVER....Life with that boy is an ADVENTURE. It doesn't often involve public peeing, but it did this morning. I am glad that school ends next week.

7. I have my homeschooling field trip calendar nailed down for summer! Well, almost...lessons from a book can get boring, especially for the constantly moving 4 year old, so we'll be trucking it into DC frequently. I might even fork over money for some disposable cameras for each child.....

8. I wish I could sew. My husband can sew. In fact, he sewed our daughter's baptismal gown from my wedding gown. he also made my amternity clothes. He used to catch a lot of grief going into the fabric stores, but he's very secure in his manhood. He learned to sew out of need. (patches on uniforms an all....) But me, I can't sew my way out of a wet paper bag.

9. I am reading two books right now. One of them is a thriller, the other is a serious book. I cannot recall either title. Both good books, but I have such little time to read. Maybe if I weren't online so much, I could read more.....

10. Had my heating oil tanked filled today. Doesn't get much more exciting than that?

11. My life is pretty ordinary. I am having trouble coming up with 13 interesting things about my day.

12. I intend to clean off my scrap desk again today. I can't work there if it's OH MY GOD messy. A little cluttered is okay but it's a pig pen on my desk. Plus I have throw out that tempting jar of lemon heads that sits there on my desk.....My mouth is watering just thinking about them.

13. This weekend is RESPITE CARE, baby!! I am counting the days. I get to spend 5 kid-free hours with my husband. He said the sweetest thing the other day. I was asking him what he wanted to do with our kid-free time, go out to eat (which is tricky), go antiquing, go to a movie, and he said, "I don't care as long as I am alone with you...." aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, I do love that man......

Whew...made it to 13, Man, my day is boring....Love my life but it's so dull. I wish I could have something exciting, like winning the Lottery, or something like that.....

:) Posted by Picasa

No comments: