Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Me and SLUGS

















I have a long history with slugs.
When I was a young girl, walking to Frazier Elementary, I would kill them.
I would steal the salt shaker from the table at home and waste many precious walking to school moments killing and torturing slugs.
My mom would get a phone call from my school, saying "Suzie is late/absent." My mom would load herself into the Buick and find me along me my walking route and there I would be, killing slugs. Not a care in the world, just had to kill me some slugs.....
I would climb in the front seat, hand over the salt shaker and know that I had done my duty.
Slugs never did me wrong. I just liked to kill them.
It's just to darn much fun.

I have not shared my slug-killing past with my kids.

And for the record, this is the biggest slug I have EVER seen.....

and I used to vivisect frogs. I wasn't always so "girly"......

:) Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

paige said...

this is toooooo funny. i bet you were dying to go get the salt shaker!? how did you keep yourself from doing it? i guess you didnt want the children to see your "killer" side, lol......

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Scott

Anonymous said...

Sounds like another load of b.s. to me! Did you drop a lot of acid in your younger days?

Anonymous said...

Who is this Anonymous who feels the need to leave you messages like this?

I have seen a few messages like this and I think that person needs to get a life.

Anyway I am in Australia and I hate slugs too. I don't want to say I get pleaure from killing them..............but........well.........I do!!

Regards

Tash

Christy said...

ROFL! So funny! Jacob saw his first slug last yr when we moved here to Germany and was just amazed with them and was amazed when my DH said that salt would kill them, he of course didn't believe him and asked him if he had any salt! LOL

We haven't seen any for a while, but summer's here and I'm sure we'll start seeing them again! I have a feeling I'm going to think of you now everytime I see those nasty things!

paige said...

whoever is writing these mean comments, should just stop reading your blog, if they dont like it!

Linda said...

The FULLY anonymous is a spineless person who finds fun in tormenting Suzanne...WE know who it is...

Suzanne - you oughta see the slugs wandering the streets here in Germany...man, oh man, you'd be going through some serious salt!!!