Monday, June 26, 2006

profiles reads, pervs and comments

I just looked at my stats, and since I started my blogs, my profile has been accessed 1496 times! WOW! That's a lot of clicks.....I feel so SPESHUL, ya know?

I love comments, I do. It's like fan mail. But recently something's been in the water and I have rec'd a high number of perv comments. Since I post pictures of my beautiful kids here, I regard this very seriously. I hate pervs. I hate pedophiles. And I don't want ANY of their kind cruising my blog. Since I can't stop them from looking, I have become more selective about publishing pictures of my children AND I have gone to a moderated comment status. This means if you say something even remotely rude, mean or perv-like, your comments will not be posted.

Just so you know, I am not afraid of rudeness. In fact, many days I embrace it. I am not always nice to be around. But this blog, and why I do it is about BEING POSITIVE and finding the good. Even if I have to dig a little. I am not uncomfortable with dissent. LOTS of people disagree with me. I am not bothered by that at all. What bothers me is cheap shots, insults and creepiness in general.

So if you wanna comment, knock yourself out.
Just know that I rule this blog, with an iron, perv-free fist.

Besides, I figure only nice people read about my life. I mean, who are you guys? Housewives, cube creatures, engineers, lawyers? I'd LOVE TO know who's reading about the mind-numbing minutiae that is my life. I mean, it's exciting as all get out for me, but I wanna know what YOU get out of it.

Now, I have steaks marinating and a cake to pop out of the oven. I may not be Martha but my cakes are quicker than hers and there are no leftovers EVER.

ta ta for now, folks.... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Scott B. said...

After all that went on on my blog this past week, I started looking at my own logs.

I also saw pervs but realized most of them found my site automatically via robots that crawl the web. I was able to add a simple program that forces them to bypass my site.

Christy said...

I don't blame you on this. It'd be nice sometimes to be able to make people ask for permission to view your blog!
On AOL there's an option to have a journal/blog private so only the people you want to read it, get to! It definately has it's perks and negatives.

Rebecca said...

Hi, I am a "non-perv" wife, mother, and mail carrier here reading your blog...haha. I occasionally browse random blogs whenever I get bored and felt the need to respond to this one. I am a fairly new blogger, so I haven't had any unfortunate run-ins with the pervs...yet. Thanks for the warning, though. I will be vigilant.