Monday, June 05, 2006

response to a comment

an Anonymous commenter asked why I was interested in getting Adam involved with more boy companions....Well, let me tell ya....

Adam is 4. A very intelligent, constantly wants to be challenged 4 year old. He's always on the go. I love and admire how his mind works. And having a boy and a girl only 19 months apart, the differences between boys and girls are AMAZING. The way that Adam reacts, handles things, bumps along in life is totally different. There is a certain energy that goes with a boy that is not present in a female. And I want to be certain that Adam has ample social opportunities to be BOYISH. He acts differently when surrounded by females than males. It's inherent. I'll be homeschooling him exclusively (without the distraction of his sister) in the coming year and we'll be seeking out a group of similar-aged kiddos....

So THAT is why I want to involve him with boys more often.....

Any more questions.....? I love questions...oooooh, maybe we should do a "Dear Abby" day on the blog. I know a girl who answers odd questions once a month. It's a riot...

We finished watching "Narnia" tonight. I liked it okay. It wasn't everything that I had hoped, but I did like it. I am not so into the "fantasy" stuff. But I like it.... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy said...

I didn't know you were going to h.s Adam. Jacob's homeschooled! He doesn't need school to "socialize", I really hate that line of questioning...if they're at school to socialize they're not doing what they NEED at school (we wonder why as a country our kids score so much lower than so many other countries???)
We started Kindergarten in February. Jacob loves it! I do preschool with Jackson. It's truly been wonderful for us.

I have a feeling you and Adam will both really enjoy the joys and challenges it gives you!!!