Wednesday, June 07, 2006

so unfair

Today, June 7th, is National Chocolate Ice Cream Day.

Paige, if you're reading this, eat a small bowl for me.....I do miss ice cream. But you know Greg and I discovered this last weekend that REAL food (like nasty fried foods, etc) just don't taste as good anymore. Let me explain...

We went to Golden Corral this weekend while we were camping. I ate sensibly. Fruits, a small piece of steak, and I ate a few french fries. Mind you, Golden Corral is not what I consider fine dining, but the french fries were not good at all. I think I ate 3 of them. Does this mean I am ruined forever on fried foods? I stopped frying food at home when Greg and I got married but I would still eat fried stuff when we went out to eat. You could guarantee that I would order the SAME THING every time I went to Chili's (Chicken Crispers, side of cream gravy with fries...oh so wicked, that gravy!) but now, food doesn't taste the same.

Also, when we came out of GC's, Greg said the EXACT thing I had been thinking while eating in there. There is nothing but fat people eating in there. I hate to say it but it's true. There are those people who cannot help their weight, yes, but there is a large percentage of people (like myself) who just don't stop eating.... The only "skinny" or slightly skinny people were the cooks and the servers because they were working their tails off, running back and forth. What an eye opener! It kept me eating my fruit, that's for sure.

Okay enough talking about food, making myself hungry. I gotta get moving! I have a boy who needs to get dressed for swim lessons. I am going to TRY not to bring my camera today. I feel like everyone stares at me because I take pictures of EVERYTHING....

Nothing is getting in the way of my walk today. Even if it means no laundry!! Posted by Picasa

No comments: