Thursday, July 06, 2006

I am.....

I am BLESSED.

Today wasn't a great day but it was good.
I have had such a peace over the past few days. The OLD me
(before I met my husband and rarely since) the CYNIC would say "Oh, the other shoe will drop soon enough." Oh, how I used to doubt everything and everyone. I was never REALLY happy before I met my husband. I had fleeting moments that felt good. But REAL happiness had eluded me.

Now this everyday real ME that is trusting in God, leaving Him in control. I mean, what else can I do? No amount of worrying is going to help. But I am fighting nature here, I am a born worrier.

I don't have anything particular to worry about. No bad news. Nothing scary happening here. I've just never trusted happiness to last. I lie awake last night, thinking how lucky I am and how BLESSED I truly am. I have a roof over my head, my body is clothed and fed, my needs are met and I have lots of goodies in my life.....

Are you blessed, too? Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

WordyDave said...

Thanks for the reminder, Suzanne. We whiney Americans are so spoiled that we have a tizzy fit over the smallest disturbance in our lives. My friend just sent me an e-mail, saying his wife is dying from cancer. That's one way to get us to shut up . . . and start praying more . . . and thanking God more . . . and wondering why He puts up with us.
Your recent posts are on a roll. Thanks for their encouraging and smiling thoughts.

Dave

Anonymous said...

I am truly blessed too, because....

Janie

Linda said...

yes...there are so many blessings in my life, but they are only possible because of God...and you are one of them!