Saturday, July 08, 2006

Saturday fun














Greg and I planned a picnic with the kids today. It was a nice slightly overcast day. Not the unrelenting heat you'd expect in July. So we set off for our local town park, known as Franklin Park. It's a sweet set-up. Kids enjoyed picnic lunch followed by playground then onto fishing. I just hung back and snapped pictures.

This shows all of them fishing. Greg on the far left and the kids on the far right....It was , as Micaela likes to say, a "Blue Sky day".....

Hoping to get the garage finished tomorrow. We're cleaning it out so that Greg's time in the woodshop will be more efficient. When you live with a master woodworker, you have to be ready for projects! My husband makes beautiful furniture and frames. Last year, he did a fundraiser for the preschool at our church. He created a smaller version of the cross that hangs on the sanctuary and took orders, asking only for donations. He raised thousands of dollars (I think it was over $10K) for the preschool.....so he considers his skills as a woodworker, literally, a God-given talent and blessing. We hope to do a similar fundraiser this year, again for the preschool. Although our church is not lacking in funds, it's always nice to help people in need. This year, he's thinking smaller inlaid jewelry boxes. Just an idea though. Nothing set in place yet.

Tomorrow I hope to get some scrapbooking done.....I miss my hobby, if I dare to call it that! Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

I was hoping to hear from you on Saturday, lol! Things have gone well so far...will be posting quickly on the blog....