Saturday, July 22, 2006

Women of Faith 2006













This was my view for the last two days.
Two days of being surrounded by women just like me. Women who love God. 15,000 women, mind you.
I heard some of the most amazing testimony EVER in my whole life this weekend. Stories that broke my heart and refreshed my spirit. Stories of survival and courage. Oh the stories....
I sang and clapped and hollered, right along with the other gals. It felt so good. And the music....I could go on and on about the music....
The themes was Contagious Joy and let me tell ya, it was SO CONTAGIOUS!
A few months ago, my friend Linda wrote in her blog about being convicted. I didn't quite get it then. Linda, I TOTALLY get it now. I get it.
I am tired. My feet hurt from dancing. My eyes are swollen from all the emotions (I feel so raw and vulnerable but somehow safe at these events...). And my heart is so much fuller. I truly feel refreshed. (Not to mention, I came home to a sparkling clean house! Love my husband!!)
I bought some new CD's and a t-shirt. Both of which I will share with you tomorrow....

:) G'night all. and God Bless.... Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

All I can say is AMEN sister...AMEN.

Conviction is amazing, isn't it?

Christy said...

I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. When God convicts our us it can definately be hard to swallow, but when we see it's for God's glory, and that this is really not at all about us, what a gift!

Kimbre said...

I just returned from the DC conference, so I know just how awesome it was! This is my fifth year going and I would now hate to miss one! I'm so pleased you got to experience it!