Thursday, August 17, 2006

blast from the past















I don't know how old I was , maybe 8 or 9, but I remember giving this exact same book to one of my sisters for a Christmas gift. We sat on her bed, laughing at the various pictures of dead cats put to better use....I found this today at a local throft store and couldn't stop giggling....

Let me just say, I am still not a cat person, but only because I hadn't met the right cat. When I married my husband, I became the owner of 2 cats, Frankie and Schroeder, (plus a dog). The two cats were as different as night and day. Frankie stole my heart and I was the one who held him when we had to put him to sleep two summers ago....Schroeder is the other cat and he and I do not get along. I don't HATE cats anymore. I just don't like the whole litter box situation. At least with the dog, it's outside...I am just not a total cat person....

Please don't send me cat related hate mail or comments. I like cats...just not all of them. I just had to share this book. It reminded me of a fun memory when I was a kid.... Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

Ahhh, I love me some good kitty jokes! I am a cat lover from WAY back, and cats know it. Even cats that are generally unsocial will come to me for a quick rub hello. I had strays living in the crawl space of my house in Georgia - I loved those kitties, even though they were scared of us. We fed them well, though!

sounds like a good book...I'll have to see if I can find it!

SB said...

if cat know YOU like them, then they must also sense that I am NOT a cat person.

I did love Frankie though.