Wednesday, August 09, 2006

sharing the recipe














After several requests, I am sharing this recipe. Enjoy!

Mom's Apple Betty

4 cups sliced,, pared & peeled tart apples (I use Granny Smith)
1/4 cup orange juice
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 ground nutmeg
1/2 cup butter

Butter 9" pie plate, mound apples inside and sprinkle with orange juice.
In separate bowl, combine sugar, flour, spices and cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle ove apples and bake at 375 for 45 minutes, till apples are tender and topping is crisp.

Substitutions: You may use peaches (fresh, NOT CANNED) insteda of apples. If you don't have orange juice, sprinkle some lemon juice over the apples, just enough to dot the apples.

Serve warm with homemade vanilla ice cream. You want that recipe, too?? (Yes, I make my own ice cream! have to, I am lactose intolerant...Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

Oh...YUM! I am having a woman over for coffee on Friday, and I think, I THINK I might make that!!!

Scott B. said...

YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, please share the ice cream recipe!!! Yummy!!!

Stop on by my site. I've got your picture posted!!! ;-)