Thursday, August 24, 2006

whew.....

It's Thursday night.....
The wee kids and I are home.
Jonathan and Greg are still back in Cowan's Gap.....
The vacation was going swimmingly....weather was AWESOME.
We did the whole nature walk, small hiking, exploring deal. The kids LOVED it.
If you live in this area, you gotta go to Cowans Gap State Park in the Pennsylvania Dutch area of PA. It's a super clean, well-run state park...and it's only $12 per night!!
I took lots of pictures (not as many as I would have liked...I left my BATTERY CHARGER AT HOME like a moron....) but I loved it there.....
Got up this morning (the day we were supposed to leave) and the truck was making an awful clanging noise on the way back from Perkins (I had a terrible craving for bacon-which was way too salty for me now)...turns out our right rear brakes were spraying brake fluid all over the place....If we'd been on the road, doing 65mph on some back country stretch, it would have been deadly. So we tracked down a tow truck and a Ford garage, and Greg and Jonathan are hanging back to see about the truck....it was a little scary thinking that we could have been on the road if we hadn't gone to breakfast....
So our friend, SGM Rock, drove all the way from DC to Pennsylvania to carry me and the wee kids back to Purcellville.....we sure are lucky to have him as a friend! I don't know many people who would do that....
So tonight, I am staring at several loads of laundry, a ring around my bathtub (from camp dirty kids), uploading and adjusting TONS of pictures...but I am happy. I do miss my husband...

Pictures to follow......

:) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christy said...

Welcome back! Sounds like other than the brakes you guys had a great time. It's truly by the grace of GOD that you were not on a road when those brakes went crazy.

God Bless