Thursday, August 03, 2006

Wonder Woman I ain't!








This heat is unrelenting. It has sidelined MANY of the plans I had for Greg's absence... I was going to really clean some stuff. But I have to entertain (and educate) the kids....I just feel so drained, you know? I even broke down and treated them (me) to Dairy Queen.....I am soooooo bad. But hey, it's a heat index of 111 today, people. if ever a day cried out for overpriced ice cream, it was TODAY!

But I am no Wonder Woman. I have not even emptied the dishwasher for TWO DAYS. Today was the last straw though. I had to break out the equipment and scale Mt. Laundry and the dishes that were waiting ever so patiently.....

I do wish I were Wonder Woman......Oh I do. I would whip the whole house into shape. I would whip out like 85 completed scrapbook pages that would have everyone oohing and aahing...but nope, i am just me. Tired, slightly kooky Mom, whose as tired as napless toddler. And I am gonna scrap tonight...I WILL!

Can you tell I am not the same fountain of perkiness when my husband is gone? He's having a blast though, and for that I am grateful. He's sleeping late, drinking beer and fishing....Doing what men do......He's going to really need that reserve of strength and relaxation. Because next week, he's gonna be sweating his butt off on a Habitat for Humanity worksite! I can't swing a hammer (no one to watch the kids for me) but I do intend to bake goodies for the crew....

Okay, this whole post was so random and rambling....but it's how I feel today....Not at all like Wonder Woman....Now, God give me strength, I have to ruch off to take my kids to McDonald's. Jonathan was the lucky recipient of some McBucks.......I don't care for McD's. Makes me ill. Literally. (Have you guys ever seen "SuperSize Me."? Love that guy Morgan Spurlock...)

ok, I am going......really I am.....

:)~ Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Scott B. said...

I beg to differ. You ARE a wonderwoman!