Friday, September 22, 2006

busy day







I am super busy today. Approving prints that will fill my portfolio.....It's kind of nerve-wracking. I cannot be impartial about my own work, you know....I wish I had someone here who could help me. I might ask my friend, Nancy, she's an honest type...I am making two portfolios: one straight up prints, and the other is in scrapbook format (as in a photo already scrapped, since part of my "audience" will be scrapbookers).

I am photographing a friend today, someone I have been waiting MONTHS to shoot. His schedule is pretty busy so I am lucky I pinned him down. The last photos that I KNOW I will want in my portfolio are pictures of my handsome husband, but I am waiting for kid-free time to do those. I want to photograph him near a fence and tree line in the neighboring county. I see this shot every time I pass by there....

So much going on....I am going to be launching some EBay auctions next week. Getting rid of a BUNCH of scrap-related and stamping stuff to finance my new lens. I gotta have it. No ifs, ands or buts about it: it's a must. If this means giving up 50 stamp sets (that I rarely use), then so be it. Besides, I feel VERY guilty when I look at how much scrap crap I have. If you're interested in the names of the SU stamp sets BEFORE I auction them, e-mail privately and I will send you the list and I PROMISE you'd get a great deal.

I think I am going to BAKE something today. I bake when I am stressed. I bake for other people. I might make spiced pumpkin bread....THAT is always well received. I might make it for the library ladies....I might post the recipe on here. I always get requests for it after I bake it for someone else. Personally, I don't like pumpkin anything but I do like to bake...

:) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

the pumpkin bread sounds yummy! I'll take that recipe (as usual! oh, by the way, the Apple Betty is YUMMY, and I made it with brown sugar too, and that's LUCIOUS!)

Suz - you'll have a WONDERFUL portfolio - you are an awesome photographer...God gave you that talent. You will do great. And if we're ever in the same place at the same time (which we will be, eventually) you better bring your camera and do a photo shoot for me!

SB said...

I will be in your area!! I will be in Oklahoma for a photo shoot. I just don't know when the client wants me there. Maybe in November, maybe February. I don't know yet. KS is not that far from OK.....