Saturday, September 09, 2006

costumes




















Next month is HALLOWEEN and the kids are ramping up with costume requests. Again, I am VERY conservative even in costumes. I don't like things with guns, or with too much skin showing.....

And Adam wants to be a pirate....EVERYONE will be a pirate this year (because of that movie...which we still have not seen). He wants ME to be Pirate Mom (because of a book we read last night..) What do I say to that?

AAAAaaaarrrrrgh!

I am trying to sell him on just being a dragon because a) we already OWN that costume and b) it's less...I dunno.....how do I put it? I don't even know.

Is it silly? I know many parents go ALL OUT for costumes. Micaela is going as Ariel from the Little Mermaid this year. Costco had her costume for $30.....THIRTY DOLLARS? Sheesh. I reflect back on costumes that I wore when I was a kid. One year, my sister made me a monster costume, it rocked. I still remember that. But I cannot sew. My husband sews...but I do not.

So the situation is this: I have to find Adam a costume. Halloween is for kids. If you have a costume that will fit a 4 year old boy, let me know....

:) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well, Tinkerbell is the rage in this house, as you WELL know, so I'm going to attempt to make a costume that is better than LAST year's version. Where can I get a LIME green bodysuit????

Conservative is good...no devils or witches in my house.

As a kid I made a BAT costume one year...it was fun!