Thursday, October 19, 2006

my beautiful girl




















It was picture day this week. On Tuesday, parents all over the county forked over good money for what usually ends up being barely mediocre pictures. But every time I forego getting pictures, they manage to get REALLY good shots. So even though I personally take an obscene amount of pictures, I still forked over the minimum amount for the smallest package. $16.00 for one 5x7 and 1 sheet of wallets. It's robbery, I tell ya!

Many of you who read my blog, from far away (Germany, UK, Italy and even Saudi Arabia) and close-by (from Georgia to Kansas to California) probably have daughters. Micaela is my only girl. And I love that she's a girly girl. Someone once commented that I was mean keeping her hair so short: it's how SHE likes it. Micaela has fragile x and with it, comes some certain sensory issues. She gets VERY annoyed by her hair touching her. (I am the same way).....

Anyhow, Picture Day rolled around. We picked out the outfit: a dress she'd declined to wear up until this point. For some reason known only to Micaela. We laid out her tights, her LL Bean red Mary Janes and this sweet demin dress. (I am rather careful to dress her in things that won't mortify her as she looks back on these pictures with her own children.) Well, the morning came and we had bathed and powdered her face (her version of make-up means dusting her face with a brush with nothing on it......go figure). We get all dressed and the shoes don't fit. She last wore them 2 months ago and her feet grew THAT MUCH?? So she had to wear the killer macho pink knee-high boots (she was super happy!) So my girl looked fierce. Very stylish and sweet.

She practiced smiling the whole way to school. When she came home that day, she told her daddy that she showed her dimples but not her teeth....

so we'll see how the pictures come out.

:) Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Linda said...

Those are some AWESOME boots! Red Mary Janes? Sounds WAY cool...what size ARE they????

We had picture day yesterday! Hannah picked out her top, a bluish-green velvety top with a black bow on the the front. I hope it looks good. She's not usually very good for photographers...

Angie said...

Grace has pink cowboy boots, too. I think they rock. I want a pair. :-) We had picture day Monday. I am a sucker and buy the photos even when they are bad.

Party Girl said...

She is beautiful and you're a great mother!

p.s. that gal is a little fashionista!