Tuesday, October 03, 2006

my entry















I entered!! Here's what I wrote:

My house is 85 years old. It has only enough rooms for the kids and parents. No separate room for scrapping. I have to use a converted root cellar. It's damp, has VARIOUS creepy crawlies AND I get to share it with our OLD, smelly caged cat who rarely makes it to his litter box. Also the MAX "ceiling" clearance is 5'4" (luckily I am 5'3"...) I have ONLY one table. My usable space is approx 8 x 2 feet. EVERYTHING is crammed. It's an awful space but I try and remain postive. TRY being the operative word. I keep waiting for one of those Extreme Scrap-Makeover Shows to come out so I can be "rescued"...

You think it's sad enough to be consider?
All things considered, I am grateful I have a space at all. I probably should have said that.
Doesn't the cat (Schroeder) look possessed? Perhaps I should have used the red-eye thingie...

:) Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Linda said...

red-eye doesn't work on pet photos! But yeah,that's a scary space...would have been scarier if you could have had a few LARGE creepy crawlies on your desk or
something. Honestly...I think you could win, as I don't know many people who even want to VENTURE into a root cellar!!!

Party Girl said...

Virgina Woolf would be mighty proud. (A reference to her stating that all women need a room of their own) Congrats, yours is most excellent and I mean that in the best way, it's yours, it's your space, in all of its scariness it is your space to be yourself, find yourself, and have some quite Suz time. Excellent. Every women should have a room just as scary!


I hope you win!!!


P.S. Thanks for the kick in the head. See post to see full kick in the headness.

stefanie said...

Gosh! I certainly admire your positive attitude. Kudos for being able to scrap in there! Good luck!

Karen said...

I definitely think you should win! The height alone is pretty scary. I'd constantly hit my head and I'm 5'6".

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog earlier. I was really touched by your comment. Have a great day!

Sue said...

LOL Suzanne, talk about making do -- I feel bad about complaining that I can't use my space. At least i have one LOL -- the creepy crawly thing would worry me though -- I think you could win!!!

Mel said...

I hope you win! I'm shivering just thinking of what dampness does to scrapbook pages!

stefani said...

I think you are gonna win!! That sure is one scarey space! LOL!