Monday, October 23, 2006

shocker.....#16




















Tonight, while the Husband was in the shop carving, and while the kids were playing,
I DID A LAYOUT.
I know.....shocking, isn't it?
Well, this is #16 in my Use it Up Challenge. (and for the record, I didn't USE a darn thing! two pieces of cardstock do NOT count!)

The LO journaling reads:

"Who knows what she was thinking …
probably something like, “I wish Dad would hurry up with the pop-up…”
or more likely, “I cannot believe my mom is taking ANOTHER picture of me.”

But she looked so pensive, so lost in her own thoughts. She looked so grown.
And for a split second, my heart ached and admitted that she won’t be a little girl forever. Today, she’s loving and carefree and excited about the promise of full life.
Soon she’ll be a teenager.

Someday I will look back and think, “She was so young and innocent there.”
I treasure these moments, getting to glimpse
this beautiful young lady in the making.
I am so proud of her. I love her so much that I swear sometimes, my heart will just burst. Will she understand how much she is loved?
Probably not until she has her own children
and she learns what it’s like for her heart to be outside of her body.

A moment happens just once.
I am glad that I here to witness this."

The stamp sets were all from Stampin' Up. And don't you love that font at the bottom right corner? I got that from a fellow scrap-blogger. LOVE it! (In addition to being a paper hoarder, I also collect fonts.) Entire layout is double matted, by the way.

So I am trying to get past this horrible slump. I have not scrapped in almost 6 WEEKS. That's an eternity for someone as obsessive as I am. But I am trying to get past it. TRYING. Maybe I should do some online Challenge to motivate myself. What I really wanna do is going to scrap event. I am planning on going to a crop near my birthday.

:) Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Amy Mowbray said...

WOW! Great layout. Your journaling is so sweet. When she's a mommy she's going to cherish this.
Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

that's gorgeous! I don't care how many times you say your scrapping is so plain...it's NOT...it's so full of meaning!