Monday, November 06, 2006

a good read















It's true. I would rather read a good blog rather than MSNBC. (I read my news rather than watching it...I can't stand sitting in front of the TV for 30 minutes of what someone else thinks I need to know....)

Anyhow....I read this blog http://boredsoldier.blogspot.com/ and it's very interesting. It's a guy, 24 year SGT in the Army Reserves whose 2nd tour in Iraq coming to an end. He's very vocal about all things. But don't dismiss him a complainer. He's not. He tells it like it is and who can't respect that?

Here's some excerpts from his latest entry:

"First, John Kerry has been and continues to remain an idiot. There isn't really much left to say on the subject that hasn't already been said. He constantly puts his foot in his mouth and is an embarrassment to America. Whether or not he intended his comment to insult those serving in the military is not the question, because even if he didn't, the end result is that he did. Kerry often touts the fact that he served in the military in Vietnam and thinks that it gives him a pass to continually talk as if he is a lifelong member of the "I-can-make-fun-of-the-military-because-I-am-a-member-of-the-club" or something. In my eyes Kerry revoked his "cool pass" with the military long ago and is no longer immune to criticism when he makes jokes about those who serve. Are there stupid people in the military? Yes. Are there smart people in the military? Yes. But there are also stupid people in college. I would much rather be around truck drivers and welders in the military for the rest of my life instead of having to dwell among the people at universities and the ketchup-heir-wooers of the world in all of their infinite wisdom. What John Kerry doesn't understand is that the people in the military are genuine people unlike the leaders of the democratic party he hangs out with. John Kerry is so far removed from reality that his jokes don't even make sense. He is nothing but an embarassment and the fact that he even draws so much attention when he does something stupid amazes me."

I just LOVE that ketchup-heir-wooer line...That just kills me! Anyway, he's a neat guy, who writes well and he's been there. Even if you're a screaming lefty, you have to respect that.

I am outta here. I have a house to clean and meals to prepare. My kids are off for 2 days and we have places to go!

:) Posted by Picasa

No comments: