Thursday, November 30, 2006

thought for the day

I was sitting at my desk, in my warm house, surrounded by my cool stuff, whining....whining because my sinuses are trying to kill me. I was bemoaning "why me? why today when I have so much to do...." I was whining, whining, whining.....

then my friend, Deborah, in Georgia sent me an e-mail story. And it changed my thinking. I am not going to cut & paste the whole story because it's one of those that travels the internet every Holiday season and you've more than likely read it.

But I will share the line that jumped out at me.

THE POWER OF PRAYER.
I believe that God only gives three answers to prayer

:1. "Yes!"
2. "Not yet."
3. "I have something better in mind."


I love that! So I am re-starting this day, with less whining and a much more open heart. Another friend called with good news that a spot opened up at her table at the Annual Ladies' Advent Tea. It was booked solid and I had waited too long to sign up. I am so blessed! An evening with these ladies, the word of God, fellowship and good deeds. (This year we're collecting gifts and goodies for the soldiers at Walter Reed!)

So I am off to start my day (and my attitude) over. Thanks Deborah! You're an angel, truly. Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for sending me that one...I really love reading it every year. And like you, those three God answers really jumped out....

I started my day in a decent mood and am working to keep it there, despite the 17° weather (with single digit wind chill) and the threat of snow this afternoon. I have things to do and don't want to be trapped!

Linda said...

Thanks for sending me that one...I really love reading it every year. And like you, those three God answers really jumped out....

I started my day in a decent mood and am working to keep it there, despite the 17° weather (with single digit wind chill) and the threat of snow this afternoon. I have things to do and don't want to be trapped!