Friday, December 08, 2006

brainiac gift for Mr Smartie Pants

Adam is the smart one in our house. He's really smart. After having two kids affected with fragile x, I never thought I would have a typical child (what most people would call "normal"), much less someone who will be in the GATE program. It was just something that I didn't dare dream of.....well, God had different plans and we had Adam. Wonderful, glorious, impish, jumps off the furniture Adam......

He's 4....VERY 4.
and he's smart.
And I want to encourage his brain to grow.
I want him to be curious.

As I was cruising the aisles this morning at a mass retailer, it occured to be that I should get him GIFTS that reflect that......and since he loves Science in a way that is totally foreign to me, I had a lightbulb moment:

a href="http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflescopes.html%22%3Erifle scopes

href="http://www.opticsplanet.net/riflescopes.html%22%3Erifle scopes

www.OpticsPlanet.net has the best brand names in telescopes and microscopes. Although we're not ready for them, they even have stuff like spotting scopes, digital camera scopes & binoculars, rifles scopes, red dot sights, pocket monoculars, binoculars, rangefinders, radar guns, sunglasses, goggles and flashlights. Everything you'd need in one spot. I think we're going to stick with the microscope. Maybe a small telescope. And you know what else?? This is great....FREE UPS on orders over $29.95. (and you guys know what a sucker I am for free shipping! I like FREE anything!) Besides, what does a Mass Retailer know (or care) about my kids' science gear? Nuttin' honey.....

So if someone in your house is a Smartie Pants, try Optics Planet. I can only imagine Adam analyzing the dirt he finds on the floor under a microscope......Oh lord....

Posted by Picasa

Edited to add: Optic Planet is CHEAPER than the mass retailer, and you gotta love the free shipping!! Wooo Hoo!!

No comments: