Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve




















I saw this one on Rocks in my Dryer and tagged myself....

1. What is guaranteed to make you smile over the holidays?
The squeal of delight on Christmas morning of my children, finding out that Santa came.

2. What makes you weepy during the holidays?
really good carolers or a superb choir is guaranteed to make me bawl...plus truly surrending myself to the message and holiness of this Season. Thinking about Mary on her long journey and what came of it. Knowing that no matter how few or how many gifts my tree has, I am loved.

3. How will you spend Christmas Eve and Day?
Christmas Eve it will be a little bit of baking, watching too much TV, getting ready for church far too early, and going to service and HOPING that the kids will go to bed so Greg and I can wrap the last gifts.Christmas Day, I will get up early (crossing fingers) and take a bath and do my make-up so I don't look like such a zombie this year in Christmas pictures. I will get some sort of meal cooked and await the children's squeals....

4. What was your most memorable Christmas and why?
I was about 10 and I swear my parents must have gone into bankruptcy to buy all of the gifts for us 5 kids. I got a Simon, a Barbie townhome, some dolls, some books. I don't really remember anything else more than the Simon....man, I love that game. I remember the feeling of family, traditions, being loved.

5. Christmas form letters from friends -- pro or con?
Great big giant PRO. And including pictures is a GREAT thing to do....

6. In your home is Christmas more of a religious or secular observance?
Religious, with fun stuff too.

7. What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
O Holy Night. Reduces me to tears within the first few notes.

8. What is your deepest prayer for the world this Christmas?
For peace. True and everlasting peace.

If you want to play along, consider yourself tagged! Posted by Picasa

No comments: