Friday, December 08, 2006

gggrrrrr/rushed













THIS is from the #1 most clicked blog? http://indexed.blogspot.com/
I like it......(so true, too).

I woke up with a headache this morning.
Weather changes due that to me.
Drastic, 30 degree temp changes really mess with my sinuses. BAD.
I rushed Micaela through her condensed morning routine, packed her snack (I think I accidentally packed her some dry penne pasta because her pudding is still on the counter. No call from her teacher, so it's all good, I guess....)
Rushed to the Dollar Store, 25 miles away, in Winchester, to search in vain for baby toys for tomorrow's party.
Then like a wild holiday-crazed shopper, I went to Wal-Mart. With the 4 year old, who wants EVERYTHING.......(this is where the grrr comes in.)

I prayed as I walked the aisles.
I prayed I wouldn't scream if I heard "Oh, I want this..." for the 43rd time.
I prayed that he wouldn't declare his need for the bathroom as soon as we got to the very back of the store....(why do retailers put ONE bathroom in a store that is the size of Rhode Island?)

I don't like Wal-Mart in December.
I just don't.
I would much rather shop at my beloved Target.

{{{deep cleansing breath}}}}

okay...whew....I think I got it all out of my system, I'm fine now...

Tomorrow is the Old Guard's Family Christmas Children's party. I am co-hosting it with my husband. Well, that's not true. The Post is hosting it, Greg and I are just in charge of all the mindless details. I'll be glad when that is over.

We're putting up the tree this weekend. Our kids think we don't believe in Christmas because OUR TREE is not up yet....

Man, I just re-read my post....what a bunch of whining! I really sound like a whiner. In light of that, I think I will go have a cup of tea, unload the dishwasher and get some perspective....Maybe later I will feel nicer.

Then again, maybe not.

:) Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

well, at least you can find things for your son (or rather, HE can) at Walmart...I can not find ANYTHING appropriate for my almost 3 y/o that doesn't involve monsters, shooting or things beyond his capabilities...sigh. And you can only buy so many matchboxes.

My Walmart (bless them) has a bathroom both front and back. But what sucks is when they're cleaning them and you get to the closest one and they tell you to go to the other one. They ought to make an announcement every minute while a restroom is closed, thankyouverymuch.

Did you get perspective yet? If you do, share with me, please....