Sunday, December 10, 2006

I wasn't kidding...



I wasn't kidding a few posts ago when I said I wanted to get Adam, Mr. Smartie Pants, a microscope for Christmas. I am serious. Little dude is smart and he deserves to go College on a scholarship, so I have to beef up his Science NOW......

Now seriously, he's getting a microscope.

Now, i just have to find one that's virtually indestructable.

Any ideas? Does Fisher Price make one? Inquiring minds of boy geniuses need to know....He's going to SOOOO excited when he sees the magnifying glass I am getting him. For $3, this kid is very happy and easy to please. But we have to get stuff that challenges him or he gets bored and Bored Boys are desctructive boys (just ask me about some of my neighbor kids).....

So if you're the mother of a Boy Wonder, and have experiences with microscope purchases, please chime in....Keep in mind: he's 4.5 years old and I am not rich. If you can recommend a name brand or store, please do.

Now, I am off to find him. While I am blogging, he's hiding...... Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Suzanne, Check out this link:
http://www.hometrainingtools.com/articles/how-to-select-a-microscope.html
Hopefully that works. If not, Goggle Home Training Tools. They have an article on how to choose a microscope. I would recommend a "stero" microscope for a 4-1/2 year old. It's different than a regular microscope in that it will show a whole piece of something like pollen rather than the little bits that make it up. A good beginning perhaps? Good luck & hope you find something!

Lisa B. in ME