Sunday, December 31, 2006

Saturday night

Another long day for the Balvanz Family.....started off with breakfast in the room, after sleeping for a whopping 12 hours. none of us were very excited about getting up but hunger demands attention. So after a meal of cereal and fruit, we set out for the city. I love coming some place I have not been for a while and seeing what has changed. We went to the 5th Avenue Mall, saw things you only see in Alaska...
Went to my two scrapbook stores, one of which is no longer there and the other one just sold to a new owner and was packing up. Kind of sad that the one store's owner is moving on. She's a fabulous business woman and her shop reflected her unique style. But I know she'll do well in anything she does....
The kids and Greg went tubing while Jon and I hung out in the hotel room. Jon not feeling well from eating fries, and my sinuses are trying to bring me down. A quiet dark room helped me. Jonathan, however, was done for the day. He's like an old man, just wants some food and a comfortable chair in front of the TV and life is good.
Took the wee ones to see "Flushed Away"....I don't care what the critics say, I LOVED THIS MOVIE. It was a freaking riot! Of course, it was! Tracey Ullman was part of it! And Hugh Jackman played the lead voice, love him! He's so talented, way more than Wolverine from the X-Men, that's for sure. Even though, it's a major chick flick, I loved him in "Kate & Leopold"...
Anyhow, it's late and we're pooped out. Going to drink some pop and curl up with my pillow and pray for peace from my sinuses.
Tomorrow is New Year's Eve....Wouldn't it be cool to have your birthday on New Year's Eve? The whole world would be celebrating with you! If any of you are celebrating a b-day on NYE, Happy Birthday....Please party safe tomorrow. Don't drink and drive, folks. It ain't worth it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know someone with a birthday on New Years Eve. Do you know anyone with a bithday today as well?

Janie