Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sunday















It's New Year's Eve, it's dark and we're in the hotel room, safe and off the roads from all the partiers. Many of the the Native population up here likes to drink so NYE is a free-for-all, so we're off the road for the night.
We spent the day driving around, going to the Commissary, bowling, and taking pictures...
This was my favorite one of the whole day. I love how the trees bend. One thing I learned very quickly in living in AK is to respect the power and the will of Nature. I love how these trees are laden heavy with snow and they curve, almost touching the high piles of snow (about 2.5 feet worth of snow, in fact..)

I love winter.
I miss snow.
I do love Alaska. Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about winter and snow....I miss them too. Great picture by-the-way.

Christy said...

Happy New Year! The picture is gorgeous! I'm ready for some snow. Chad would love to be stationed in Alaska, I'm willing to try it if it's in God's will for us! We'll see! :)

Linda said...

Beautiful....I'm happy to have a bit of snow and playing in it today...