Tuesday, January 30, 2007

building a habit?














  • In an effort to fulfill my goal of being healthier, I am joining Curves. My mother-in-law loves it. My friend Linda raves about it. So I'm going to give it a shot. Hey, my first month is free. What do I have to lose? (except that ROLL of fat that haunts me...)

    I was looking up factoids and here's what I found:

    *About 60% of New Year’s resolutions are centered on diet and exercise
    *Only about 20% of resolutions are kept
    *People who make resolutions are 10 times more likely to change a behavior or break a bad habit
    *Within 20 minutes of quitting smoking, lungs and airways begin to heal [not sure of the accuracy of that, but check out this cool poster about 20 minutes after quitting] (Thank GOD my mom quit smoking...)
    *Up to 70% of gym memberships are purchased within the first 3 months of the year
    *It takes about 21 days to build a habit and 6 months to make a habit part of daily life....

    I gotta start somewhere. I'm not waiting around perfect anymore.....

    :)

 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

You're right, I DO rave about Curves...and right now, I am SO missing it. I had just about hit that 6 month mark of "making it daily life"...to the point where I was going to Curves EVERY day, instead of three times a week....now I gotta start all over again, cuz it only takes 7 days to BREAK a habit.....