Saturday, January 20, 2007

catching up

Things have been so busy here lately. Nothing MAJOR, just the little stuff in life that keeps us all bumping along...

Business stuff is keeping me hopping. Networking. Finding new customers. Developing our "product"....it's all so exciting and nerve-wracking at the same time. I submitted a bid for a government contract. It's actually a gig that my husband has to go to, so if I get it, we'll get to see each other working. It's a long shot but you just never know.

The weather finally turned cooler here. It's not even so much the temps, it's the WIND. 35-40mph winds, to be exact. Luckily we removed the flags from in front of our house. I was worried the winds would rip them right off....

What project am I working on right now? DE-CLUTTERING MY HOUSE. It is a slow and painful process. I am a clutter bug. I am. I don't WANT to be. I am pretty sure I get it from my mom. She likes to "collect" things, too. I have a small house, and clutter bugs can't live in small houses. So I am clearing a BUNCH of stuff out. ( I know, the key to is to purge and NOT bring anything else home..this is where I drop the ball every time..) I am going to be Freecycling a lot of this stuff. Stuff we don't use that someone else can. LOTS of toys needing new homes. Some books. Even some craft items.....One thing's for certain, come Spring time, I want to be able to show off a much more streamlined and cleaner home.

I am excited about all of the upcoming gigs we have. I was especialy looking forward to the Twins. They are the children of one of my husband's soldiers. These babies are TOO CUTE. Eyelashes out to here...with eyes as blue as Heaven. Sadly, the twins had to cancel their session today due to illness, but in their spot, I am photographing one of the MOST BEAUTIFUL babies ever. Her name is Olivia, and I hope to share some proofs later in the day. I've been wanting to take her photos for months....

I am reading more these days, too. Right now, I am wasting my time reading a Danielle Steel book. It's like having a meal of marshmallows and whipped cream. Just fluff, no substance. But it's a way to mindlessly pass the time. The only Danielle Steel book I think I have ever finished (and loved!) was "The Ring" or was it the "The Promise"...see I can't even remember the name! I usually give up because it's romance-novel-ish....Give me Vince Flynn or something fast paced and I'll read all day, but I cannot read romance novels. One of my good friends back in TX, I'll call her YO, she reads trashy romance novels. I like to give her crap about it....

okay, I am done prattling on. I have to get ready for today's gig.

:) Posted by Picasa

No comments: