Monday, January 01, 2007

a new Year...

The kids were totally excited this morning when Greg and I told them it was a different year. Micaela shrieked like she'd just won the Lottery....It is exciting. A New Year, a fresh start, wiping the proverbial slate clean.

I don't make resolutions. Mainly because I suck at keeping them. I do....it's true.
I make affirmations. It's more positive.

So this year will have many changes for me.
A new business venture...Adam will more than likely start public school in the Fall.
So I am setting goals, realistic ones...
And I am affirming the things that are important to me.

Today, my husband paid me a great compliment. We were going to a thrift store to pick up some books for the long flight home for me, and we were talking about how this year will be the 8th year we'll be together. (sappy alert here..) so he looks at me and says, "I'm glad I'm married to you." It was really sweet....It makes us feel good because there were those who thought we wouldn't make it, that we were wrong for each other. But time reveals the truth. And here we stand, still together, still in love. (okay...sappy alert over.)

Now, I am off to get kids to bed and watch a movie with Greg...We've watched a movie each night we've been here. We've watched "Da Vinci Code", "The Island", and some other one I can't recall. We also went and saw "Flushed Away". We're going to see "Night at the Museum" tomorrow when we go see some friends in Wasilla...

We are enjoying this trip. It's so good to be here, in Alaska. If you've never been here, it would be hard to explain why we love it so much. It's just totally unlike the Lower 48. It's calm, it's beyond beautiful, it's so vast.....

more tomorrow....

No comments: