Friday, March 02, 2007

love on a Friday

A friend called me, she was having a bad day. She was convinced there was nothing in her life that she loved. She is deeply depressed and in need of a hot bath, a bottle of wine and a vacation. But since she couldn't have any of those, I helped her make a list of the little things in her life.

She came up with her list. And then I came up with mine....

Here's mine today. It's small but I am so grateful for these things. I love them.

The obvious is that I love my family, but we're talking THINGS here, ok?

1. I love Target. I just do.
2. I love my house. It's small but warm.
3. I love the All Recipes Ingredients Search. I bought all of March's groceries so I will be relying heavily upon this feature.
4. I love my Sat TV that let's me record shows while my kids are loudly playing in the TV room. We only have ONE TV so going to another room is not an option.
5. I love my camera. I love capturing a memory, sharing a story, freezing time.

So if you're so inclined, share some love in the comments.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog! It's personable, warm, open, and truly shares the essence of who you are. I really like that, you know.

I love reading for pleasure, riding bikes, exploring new places, playing with children, and talking with the people I love.

Janie

rennratt said...

I love the smell of clothes hung on the line to dry.

I love the smell of spring beginning.

I love reading because I WANT to, not because I HAVE to.

I love early mornings in the mountains of West Virginia, as the fog is lifting out of the hollers.

I love hanging out and relaxing, with my to do list sitting across the room - being ignored.

Wow! That felt GREAT! Thank you.