Saturday, March 31, 2007

Saturday


IT'S ALL CHERRY...

Had a gig today (that was cancelled) but we went to the location anyway. It's the 1st Day of the Cherry Blossom Festival. EVERYONE in DC was there. And I do mean EVERYONE!! It was a madhouse. I can think of only two other times that DC is that crowded: 4th of July and Inauguration. Cherry Blossoms bring out everyone. Plus it was something National Kite Day on the Mall.....

VERY crowded, but away we went...It was a bit hard to enjoy because I worried about the childrn's safety with thousands of people around.

Was it worth it? Yes.
Would I go again? Yes, but NOT on opening day. I would rather go at sunrise.

It was nice though, seeing what all the fuzz was about.

3 comments:

Dawn Mercedes said...

Oooh, My sis used to live in DC and LOVE this time of year. Thanks for the pix. (Can't wait to get the Easter set...waiting to make my cards with it. Hope it comes on Monday!)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I wish I could've been there to experience that too! Hope all is well!

JB

Linda said...

SUCH gorgeous pictures, Suz....you sure do have a talent and a half. God has blessed you immensely!